Saturday, July 21, 2007

Summer in the City

It seems like there's something to do at every moment.

This morning: 12 mile run

Last night: Awkward (because I wasn't drinking in preparation for said run and didn't know most of the people very well) pre-wedding party for colleague.

Thursday night: Live taping of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me at Millennium Park, followed by dinner at an Armenian restaurant. (Just in case anyone's wondering, this sort of activity would probably meet my expectations for a "perfect date" but it wasn't a date, because there were three of us.)

Wednesday: Self-procalimed holiday of "Decemberists Day." Spent the morning slaving over a stove. Lunch with other hooky-playing friends at Glenn's Diner, followed by picnic and slightly rainy Decemberists show in Millennium Park. A great day, but I was too tired and irritated by the drunk people who weren't listening to the music to really enjoy the show as much as I wanted.

Before that I was in Denver. Tonight I think I might head over to one of Chicago's neighborhood festivals to check out the Redwalls and Poi Dog Pondering. Old and new(er) denizens of Chicago's rock scene? Tomorrow there's talk of going to someone's place to play with the Wii. I hear it's a good time.

No comments: