Saturday, April 19, 2008

How I Spent My Summer

I know. I'ts not summer yet, but I just wanted to make my summer project official. This started as an idea of a an adventure to go on with another live music afficianado who was possible moving at the end of he summer. Now, he's not moving, so it's no longer time sensitive or linked to him. But, still plan to visit all of the music venues in Chicago that I never have. But, I am going to cheat, because I'm not necessarily including jazz or blues clubs. But, it could happen.

But no I realize, I think I've been to most of them. I'd better make a list. And this is all I came up with:

House of Blues
Congress Theater
Charter One Pavilion*
Reggie's Rock Club
Ronny's
Kinetic Playground
Old Town School (I've only need here for square dancing)
Hideout (I've only been here for live band karaoke)
Double Door
Cobra Lounge
The Wild Hare
Phyllis'

I may have forgotten one or two, so I'll add to them if necessary. BUT, that's like one a week for 3 months, so a totally realistic goal in my opinion.



*Although you'll see a few large venues on this list, I don't plan to extend this to suburban monstrosities, like the Allstate Arena.

No comments: