Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bloc Party @ the Aragon - 28 March 2009

...and I hadn't been to the ARAGON since November 15th, 2004. How do I remember the date? I'm pretty sure that was it, because it is my sister's birthday, and it was my first day of work at Rotary. I went with Andrea and Mari to see the Pixies. And to this day, I regret not really being in the moment. I think I was still just too overwhelmed with being back in Chicago to really take in the beauty that is the Aragon.

So, I think when I agreed to go to Bloc Party with Nicki and company I may have thought it was at the Riv. So when I heard it had been moved to the Aragon, I was pretty psyched.

Due to a certain Pitt/Villanova game, we were waylaid at T's, arriving at the Aragon after Longwave finished. That's good, since I don't know who the f*&k they are anyway.

And bloc party was fine. I still think all their songs sound the same. But the Aragon is beautiful, and we had a perfect vantage point up in the balcony, stage right. When a couple of people hauled out the umbrellas in the encore, spinning them over their heads, I almost cried. And then... and then... when the show was over, they played "I've Had the Time of My life" and I flashed back to my 7th/8th grade dances, all was well with the world.

No comments: