Saturday, October 6, 2007

When it's time to change - How do you like the new Reader?


I had heard about it a few weeks ago, but had put it out of my mind, so the first time I saw it was when Joe and I were leaving the metro after Voxtrot on Thursday. Although I whined about it all the way home, I still haven't opened the paper yet to really evaluate the change. I already know I'll miss the sections. I had just gotten used to the four-color and the reduction to three sections. This change is huge, because a good portion of The Reader's character was in its unique design and layout. But, I'll probably be able to adjust eventually.

Here's a link to their own page about it, complete with a lot of consumers sounding off. I'll let you know what I think later. http://www.chicagoreader.com/features/stories/redesign/

No comments: